Home >> Articles >> Recipes
Flourless Chocolate Cake
4 ounces / 100 grams fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened) ( 4 ounces equals 113.4 grams)
· 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
· 3/4 cup sugar
· 3 large eggs
· 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder plus additional for sprinkling
· Preheat oven to 375°F and butter an 8-inch round baking pan. Line bottom with a round of parchment paper. Grease and cocoa the sides of the pan.
· Chop chocolate into small pieces. In a double boiler or metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water melt chocolate with butter, stirring, until smooth.
· Remove top of double boiler or bowl from heat and whisk sugar into chocolate mixture.
· Add eggs and whisk well.
· Sift 1/2 cup cocoa powder over chocolate mixture and whisk until just combined.
· Pour batter into pan and bake in middle of oven 25 minutes, or until top has formed a thin crust.
· Cool cake in pan on a rack 5 minutes and invert onto a serving plate.