Home >> Articles >> Recipes
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites
1 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
2 tbsp coconut oil (I subbed this for EVOO)
2 tbsp smooth natural peanut butter (or almond butter, sunflower seed butter)
1/4 cup pure maple syrup or other liquid sweetener (I used Madhava Maple flavoured agave nectar)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup almond meal
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp dark chocolate, chopped (I used Green & Black’s 85% cacao dark chocolate)
1. Prepare the almond meal. In a blender or food processor (what I used), blend/process 1/2 cup whole raw almonds until they are a flour like consistency. Set aside.
2. In a blender or food processor, blend/process oats until a fine flour forms. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine oil, peanut butter, agave (or maple syrup, or other liquid sweetener), and vanilla.
Beat with a hand mixer until smooth. Add in the almond meal, oat flour and salt. Beat again until well combined. Fold in the chopped dark chocolate.
4. Roll the dough into small balls (about 1 tbs of dough). Place the finished bites on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
5. Freeze bites for 5-10 minutes, or until firm. Store bites in the freezer in an air-tight container or freezer bag for quick access later.