Home >> Articles >> Recipes
Makes: 5 cups
These nuts won The New York Press award for "best bar nuts in New York." Every afternoon at about 4:45, a piping hot batch emerges from our ovens and is sent out to the bar, where the sweet rosemary fragrance wafts throughout the restaurant.
* 1/4 pound each peeled peanuts, cashews, brazil nuts, hazelnuts, walnuts, pecans, and whole unpeeled almonds or 1 pounds unsalted, assorted nuts.
* 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
* 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
* 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
* 2 teaspoons kosher salt
* 1 tablespoon butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Toss the nuts in a large bowl to combine and spread them out on a cookie sheet. Toast in the oven until they become light golden brown, about 10 minutes.
3. In the large bowl, combine the rosemary, cayenne, brown sugar, salt, and melted butter.
4. Thoroughly toss the warm toasted nuts with the spiced butter and serve warm.