Home >> Articles >> Recipes
Smoky Cauliflower Frittata
1 small cauliflower, cut into medium florets
6 free range eggs
4 tbsp crème fraîche
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
3 tbsp finely chopped chives
150g smoked scamorza (or smoked cheese) grated (including the skin for extra flavour)
50g mature cheddar, grated
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and black pepper
1. Simmer the cauliflower in a large pan of boiling salted water for four-five minutes, or until semi-cooked. Drain and dry.
2. Preheat the oven to 190°C/Gas Mark 5. Break the eggs into a large bowl. Add the crème fraîche, mustard and paprika and whisk well, making sure the eggs and crème fraîche are thoroughly blended. Now stir in the chives and three-quarters of the cheeses, and season well with salt and pepper.
3. Heat up the olive oil in a large ovenproof frying pan. Fry the cauliflower for about five minutes, or until golden brown on one side. Pour over the egg mixture and use a fork to spread the cauliflower evenly in the pan. Cook on a medium heat for about five minutes.
4. Scatter the remaining cheeses on top, then carefully move the pan to the oven. Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the frittata is well set.
5. Remove from the oven and leave to settle for two-three minutes before cutting into wedges. Eat immediately, with a peppery green salad.