Home >> Articles >> Recipes
Spaghetti with Raw Peppers
- Remove the seeds from the tomatoes so the sauce won't be too watery
* 1 pound fresh tomatoes
* 1 yellow bell pepper
* 3-4 sprigs flat-leaf Italian parsley
* 1 tablespoons whole milk
* freshly ground black pepper
* 1 pound spaghetti
* 1/4 cup fresly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
* 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Fill a pot for the past with about 6 quarts of water, place over high heat, and bring to a boil.
2. Peel the tomatoes and remove the seeds. Peel the pepper, core it, remove the seeds, and cut away any white pith inside.
Roughly chop the pepper. Put the parsley, tomatoes, pepper, milk, 1.5 teaspoons salt, and a light grinding of black pepper in
a food processor. Pulse until you get a smooth puree.
3. When the water for the pasta is boiling, add about 2 tablespoons salt, add the spaghetti, and stir until all the strands are
Cook until very al dente (about 30 seconds less than you normally would).
4. Transfer the sauce to the bowl where you will be serving the pasta. Add the Parmigiano-Reggiano and olive oil and mix well.
When the pasta is done, drain well, toss thoroughly with the sauce, and let stand for about 2 minutes before serving.