Home >> Articles >> Recipes
Pasta with Arugula, Goat Cheese, and Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
* 1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes (one 8 1/2 ounce jar), drained, rinsed, patted dry, and chopped very coarse
* 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 1/4 cup walnuts , toasted in small dry skillet over medium heat until fragrant, about 6 minutes
* 1 small clove garlic , minced or pressed through garlic press (about 1/2 teaspoon)
* 3/4 ounce grated Parmesan cheese (1/2 cup)
* 1 pound campanelli or farfalle
* 1 medium bunch arugula (about 10 ounces), washed, dried, stemmed, and cut into 1-inch lengths (about 6 cups)
* 3 ounces goat cheese
1. In food processor, pulse sun-dried tomatoes, oil, walnuts, garlic, Parmesan, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper until smooth, about fifteen 2-second pulses, scraping down bowl as needed. Transfer to small bowl and set aside.
2. Bring 4 quarts water to rolling boil, covered, in stockpot. Stir in pasta and 1 tablespoon salt; cook until al dente. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup cooking water, and return pasta to stockpot; immediately stir in arugula until wilted. Stir pasta-cooking water into pesto; stir pesto into pasta. Serve immediately, dotting individual bowls with 1/2-inch pieces goat cheese.