Home >> Articles >> Recipes
* 1 cup Israeli couscous
* 1 cup boiling water
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 cloves minced garlic
* 3/4 cup diced red pepper
* 4 green onions or 0.5 small/medium white onion (diced)
* 1 cup cherry tomatos, cut in half
* 1 cup fresh basil leaves
* 1 pinch of salt
* 1 pinch of ground black pepper
* 1 dash of balsamic vinegar
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 1/4 cup feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Stir couscous into boiling water and return water to a boil. Cover and remove pot from heat.
Let stand 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
3. While the couscous is cooking, heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add red pepper, cook until almost tender.
Add 1 tbsp oil in center of pan, add green onion and garlic, pressing down for 30 seconds until fragrant.
Stir in cherry tomatoes, remove from heat.
Stir in couscous and feta, salt and pepper. Mix together and transfer to a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Splash some balsamic vinegar on top.
4. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 20 minutes.
5. Stir in basil after baking.
If using white onion, add before red pepper and cook until translucent, then add red pepper.