Home >> Articles >> Recipes
Yields: 1 calorie laden dessert
* 6 egg yolks
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 2/3 cup milk
* 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 pound mascarpone cheese
* 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee, room temperature
* 4 tablespoons rum
* 2 (3 ounce) packages ladyfinger cookies
* 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1. In a medium saucepan, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until well blended. Whisk in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Boil gently for 1 minute, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Cover tightly and chill in refrigerator 1 hour.
2. In a medium bowl, beat cream with vanilla until stiff peaks form. Whisk mascarpone into yolk mixture until smooth.
3. In a small bowl, combine coffee and rum. Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise and drizzle with coffee mixture.
4. Arrange half of soaked ladyfingers in bottom of a 7x11 inch dish. Spread half of mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers, then half of whipped cream over that. Repeat layers and sprinkle with cocoa. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours, until set.